A quick snack for those busy mornings; try customizing your own crepe!
- 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 3/4 C milk
- 2 eggs
- 1T butter (melted)
- 1/3 tsp salt
- filling (could be anything: fruits, veggies, eggs and sausages…)
- In a food processor, mix eggs for about 10 seconds.
- Add milk and butter, and mix 10 additional seconds.
- Add flour and salt. Mix again for 10-15 seconds. The batter should be considerably runnier than a pancake mixture, but should also maintain a slight thickness. If its still too thin add additional flour 1 T at a time until desired texture is reached.
- Let batter sit 20-30 minutes while prepping fruits of choice.
- When cooking crepes, heat a no-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Remove the skillet from heat and coat the pan with a small layer of vegetable oil.
- Scoop 1/4 C of the crepe mixture into the skillet and use your wrist to distribute the batter evenly around the circumference of the pan.
- When edges begin to brown (after about 1-2 mins), use you fingers and the tip of a cereal spoon to flip the crepe and cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat, and store on a plate covered with foil, or in a warmer. Repeat until batter is gone. (This should make 4 crepes)
- You can fill crepes with essentially anything (eggs and sausage for breakfast, veggies, or fruits for a quick snack!)