I personally love the concept of figs – they taste amazing, have a ton of nutritional values, and take 3 seconds to devour (especially when they’re ripe!) Anyhow, I saw this recipe and it just looked absolutely amazing, try it out for yourself!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups / 10 oz / 300g dried figs – stems removed and halved/quartered
- 1 vanilla bean – seeds scraped and pod reserved
- 1/2 cup / 3.5 oz / 100g dried cherries
- a large pot of Greek style yogurt
- 1 oz (25g) pistachios – 1/4 cup
- In a medium saucepan over med-high heat, bring water to boil and stir in honey. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and add both the seeds and the pod into the pot. Stir in the halved figs, top with a lid, and let softly simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in the cherries and simmer another 15 minutes. It should have thickened considerably, but still have quite a bit of liquid.
- Let cool a bit, pour in a bowl and then refrigerate three hours. Layer the figs and their sauce with yogurt in glasses to create the parfaits. Top with chopped pistachios.