- Brown rice is rich in selenium which may reduce the chance of certain types of cancer.
- Contains high amounts of Manganese which helps the body create certain fatty acids making healthy forms of cholesterol. It also benefits the body’s nervous and reproductive systems.
- Contains oils that lower LDL cholesterol.
- Is a whole grain that reduces arterial plaque-build up
- Is an antioxidant.
- High in fiber, helping digestion and promoting healthy bowel movement.
- Promotes weight loss, a bowl of brown rice will help you feel more full.
- A slow release sugar keeping blood sugar stabilized.
Overall, you can’t go wrong with brown rice, but if it does not completely satisfy, try mixing it with white rice. It’s delicious!