Sometimes eating healthy gets pretty boring, so instead of having a plain bag of mixed nuts, my aunt gave me this recipe to keep things interesting. It’s simple to make and goes well as party favors – especially for the holidays.
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 4 cups mixed nuts (almonds, peanuts, walnuts, cashews)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan.
- Lightly beat the egg white; add water, and beat until frothy but not stiff. Add the nuts, and stir until well coated. Mix the sugar, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the nuts. Toss to coat, and spread evenly on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until golden. Allow to cool, then store nuts in airtight containers.