- 2 oranges
- 2 pink grapefruits
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 6-ounce skinless fillets white or Mexican sea bass or grouper (about 1″ thick)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, cut into wedges
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Use a small sharp knife to cut off all peel and white pith from fruit. In a medium bowl, cut between membranes to release segments into bowl. Squeeze in juices from membranes; discard membranes. Drain fruit, reserving 1/2 cup juices. Return segments and juices to bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pat fish dry. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a large heavy ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add grape seed oil. Add fish; cook without moving, occasionally pressing fish gently with a spatula to keep all of surface in contact with pan, until fish is golden brown and releases easily from pan, 4–5 minutes.
- Turn fish, transfer to oven, and roast until just opaque in the center, 3–5 minutes.
- Place fruit and avocado on plates. Top with fillets. Spoon 2 tablespoons citrus juices over fruit on each plate. Drizzle 1 tablespoon avocado oil over fish and fruit.