Why buy overly sweetened Nutella when you can make your own?
Ingredients (Hazelnut version):
- 100 grams Hazelnuts, lightly roasted
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut sugar
- 3 – 4 tablespoons raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla bean paste
(Makes for one standard jar)
- Whiz together the almonds and sugar in a food processor or sturdy blender until almost a paste. Add the raw cacao and whizz again. Add the protein powder and vanilla bean paste and whiz one more time for good measure until combined.
- Continue whizzing at a low to medium speed and add the water in a steady stream, a little at a time. Add only until the mixture is smooth and creamy, but not too solid or runny either.
- Pour or scoop into a clean jar and store in the refrigerator. This was enough for one standard jar.