For those weeks that you know that you’re not going to have time for much kitchen action – a quick and simple chicken taco recipe is much needed
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken
- 5 tomatoes (can used canned tomatoes – though they’re not healthy)
- 1 batch of cilantro
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 1 can of sweet beans
- handful of shredded cheese (I love cheddar)
- 1 tbsp of chopped garlic
- 1 white onion
- Though this works best while the chicken is still hot, if you have cold chicken, it’s easier to take off the fat. Take your deliciously baked chicken and shred the meat into tiny bite-sized pieces and set aside in a bowl
- Dice onion and cilantro and mix in a small bowl.
- Then dice tomatoes and put into a separate container
- Heat your pan and when hot, toss in garlic and onions. When the onions begin to brown, add the shredded chicken in as well. (Since the chicken is already cooked, just fry the meat till it browns a little – will take longer if the meat is cold)
- When the chicken has browned, add cilantro, tomatoes, corn (be sure the drain the juice out before hand), and beans (I drain part of the juice in the can).
- Stir-fry till juices have dried. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over a hot tortilla (with rice, avocado or salsa if you like).
*this makes for a really good quesadilla as well!