So this lovely Saturday morning, I had the worst leg cramps and thought, “I’m going to make banana bread!”
I must say, it was the best batch, ever.
- 1 1/2 all purpose flour
- 5 semi ripe bananas(mashed)
- 3 eggs (I only used 1 yolk)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of bourbon vanilla extract
- 3 Ferraro Rocher chocolates (roughly crushed)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda (or 3 teaspoons of baking powder)
- Nuts (optional)
- Mix mashed bananas with maple syrup.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar with eggs and banana mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda (or baking powder) and spiff into the mixture of brown sugar, eggs, and bananas. *note that it’s very important that you spiff your flour, or the texture of the batch will come out uneven.
- When the mixture is smoothly blended, add vanilla extract.
- Pour onto a baking tray (I usually cover mine with foil to save cleanup time)
- Sprinkle a handful of brown sugar over the mixture and the crushed Ferraro Rocher chocolate pieces (add any kind of nut mixture if you like)
- Bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Let it cool before serving.