Want that Dr. Suess breakfast? Try this recipe of green eggs and ham!
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 8 eggs
- 2 Tbsp prepared pesto
- 2 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 4 whole-wheat English muffins, split
- 4-8 slices ham, prosciutto, or cooked Canadian bacon
- 1/4 cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Poach the eggs
- Bring 3 inches of water to a boil in a large skillet or saucepan. Reduce to a bare simmer and add vinegar.
- Working in two batches, poach the eggs (see “Poaching Laws”) until the whites are just firm, 3 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the eggs to a plate.
- Prep the accents
- In a small bowl, mix together the pesto and yogurt until they’re smooth and combined. Toast the split English muffins until golden.
- Assemble the sandwiches
- Dividing evenly, top 4 of the muffin halves with the ham, red peppers, and eggs. Season with salt and pepper and add the pesto mixture. Top the eggs with the remaining muffin halves.