Who doesn’t love cheesecake? Now you can satisfy your sweet craving without sacrificing your waistline. This classic dessert offers what any other cheesecake offers at a fraction of the calories. So go ahead, indulge. Cheesecake never tasted so good.
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 9 whole low-fat cinnamon graham crackers, broken in half
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 2 8-ounce packages Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 2 8-ounce packages fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 large eggs plus 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Assorted toppings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor until crumbled. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water and the butter; pulse until moistened. Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with foil to prevent leaks. Coat the inside of the pan with cooking spray and press the crumbs onto the bottom. Bake until browned, about 8 minutes. Let cool, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat both cream cheeses and the sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until smooth, 5 minutes, then beat in the sour cream on low. Lightly whisk the 3 egg whites in a bowl, then add to the cheese mixture along with the 2 whole eggs, flour, vanilla and lemon zest. Beat on medium speed until fluffy, 3 minutes. Pour over the crust.
- Place the cheesecake in a roasting pan and add enough warm water to come one-quarter of the way up the sides of the springform. Bake until the cake is set but the center still jiggles, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Turn off the oven; keep the cheesecake inside with the door closed for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the water bath and transfer to a rack. Run a knife around the edge, then cool completely. Chill until firm, at least 8 hours. Top as desired.