Tired of separating your meat dishes from your veggie dishes? Why not combine the best of both worlds! Here’s a simple and relatively healthy recipe…well as long as you go easy on the butter and cheese. Enjoy!
- 2 1/4 Pounds Asparagus (spears trimmed)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (plus extra for greasing)
- 3 1/2 Ounces Prosciutto (sliced)
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese (finely grated)
- Salt to Taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the asparagus in salted, boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with butter.
- Drain the asparagus and gently pat dry.
- Spread out the prosciutto on the counter.
- Lay two large or three small asparagus on each slice.
- Roll up and fasten each roulade with a toothpick.
- Place the rolls in the prepared dish, sprinkle with the parmesan, dot with the butter and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.