This is a tangent from an Almond Berry Tart recipe I found on the web a while back. I didn’t have a large tart pan so I made bite-sized tarts with my mini muffin pan. This recipe is really simple and you’re getting your daily dose of antibiotics as well!
1/2 pkgs (about 8 ounces) sugar cookie dough refrigerated
1/2 cup almonds finely ground
1 pkg (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake pudding mix
1 cup cold milk
1/2 cup sour cream
4 cups assorted blackberries, raspberries, blueberries or sliced strawberries
1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar (optional)(Dessert serves about 12.)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray tart pan with vegetable pan spray.
- Crumble cookie dough into medium bowl.
- Shape dough into a round disk. It’s easier if you shape it as you put it into the tray.
- Gently press dough into base and sides of pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pan from oven to cooling rack; cool 5-10 minutes. (Before browning, I used a spoon to flatten the crust to the side of the tray to keep it’s form)
- Carefully loosen edges of crust from pan; remove crust with base from rim of pan and cool completely. (Easier if you use a fork!)
- In small bowl, whisk cheesecake pudding mix, milk, sour cream and remaining ½ teaspoon of almond extract until smooth.
- Spoon pudding mixture into cooled tart crust, spreading evenly. Arrange berries over top of pudding mixture as desired.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- If desired, sprinkle confectioners’ sugar over berries before serving.