They say there’s nothing better than home-cooked food, well it goes the same for snacks as well. Why buy overly sweet or cardboard flavored granola bars when you can make it at home? Try this recipe I stumbled upon on the web
- 1/4 c. Oats, toasted and ground
- 1/4 c. Almonds, toasted and ground
- 1/4 c. Walnuts, toasted and ground
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 6 dates, room temperature, ground to paste
- 1/4 c. Oats, raw
- 1-2 tsp cacao nibs
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Start by removing the dates from the fridge and bring to room temperature, then toast the oats, almonds and walnuts sprinkled with cinnamon at 350 degrees in a toaster oven for 5-10 minutes. Be careful not to let them burn, as soon as I can smell them I take them out.
- Then just lightly pulse all of them in a food processor unttil you achieve a ground texture. Keep in mind you don’t want to make nut butter here, I emphasize the word pulse. Place in a separate bowl, to it, add the whole raw oats and cocoa nibs (or whatever other flavors you want.)
- In the same processor blend the dates until smooth, to it add back the oat nut nib mixture. Fork whisk together the cocoa powder and coconut oil then add that to the food processor and pulse until everything is combined.
- Turn out onto a parchment lined dish and using clean hands form into a rectangle or the form of the dish. Wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Remove from fridge and cut into 4 rectangles. Will keep refrigerated for 2-3 weeks. Enjoy